Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am thankful...

I am thankful that I live in a place where I am not daily worried about bombs, fighting, and war raining down from the sky.

I am thankful that my body is holding up fairly well over these 37 years.

I am thankful that I have so much food available to me each and every day.


I am thankful for my mom.

I am thankful for that magnificent modern marvel, the vacuum.

I am thankful for sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli, and Tofurky.

I am thankful for His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama and his teachings.


I am thankful that Barack Obama is our President right now.

I am thankful that I still have a crush on my sweetie.

I am thankful that my kids are growing into smart, energetic, and kind people.

I am thankful that I live in a community of thoughtful, fair-minded, and compassionate people.


I am thankful for the group of writer friends who regularly inspired me, help me, and keep me following my path.

I am thankful for the home I live in and the property I live on.

I am thankful for solar panels.

I am thankful for my family who makes me laugh, holds me tight, offers me inspiration, and treats me with kindness.


I am thankful that I am not hosting a Thanksgiving meal, because I could never get my house clean in time.

I am thankful to be following my heart as a writer.

I am thankful for the Earth, and all the abundant life on it.

2 comments:

Sue Heavenrich said...

My morning pages yesterday began with 30 ways of being thankful - it's such a good exercise.
About that having to "clean up" to host turkey-day feast: not true. Just pile stuff in a box and wipe the table down and know that folks will mostly be paying attention to the pies. (the box is under my bed & will be brought back out Sat morning when all have left!)

Amanda K Jaros said...

You're funny Sue!