Tuesday, May 15, 2012

duck memoir

I have taken a recent liking to Haiku.  I am not sure what qualifies me to write Haiku poems, except the fact that I want to.  So, I thought I would give it a go.  The short, snappy, quick feeling expressed in this type of poetic writing is highly fun and fulfilling, if one gets it right.  I present another challenge of writerly practice for myself, a weekly Haiku or even Haiga post.  (Haiga is a Haiku poem accompanied by illustration). Let me know what you think.

duck memoir

coming in close
alert the water landing crew!
great duck success.

mallard and koi
above and below the air
swim separate ways.


stroll around the pond
I am pondering my long words-
the duck follows close.

I talk to the duck
poetry on our minds-
he talks back, I think.

take flight with a quack-
am I not good enough?
a girl duck flies by.


No comments: