Monday, April 16, 2012

Vacay

I am back from a week's vacay in Las Vegas, visiting my brother and his family.  It was a fun and tiring experience, full of new sights, crying kids, and lots of talking. 
I made it back to life in Ithaca, and have had a few days at home to relax, organize, and get some chores done.  Not to mention little Cedar's 6th birthday:) 
And now I am heading off to Honesdale, PA for the Highlights Nature writing workshop. I am looking forward to some dedicated writing time, and a little more insight into becoming a better writer.

It's a busy month.  But when I get back from PA I expect to have a chance to sit, think over all the month's experiences, and get down to a little focused writing time, with this in mind...


Writing, I think, is not apart from living. Writing is a kind of double living. The writer experiences everything twice. Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind. ~Catherine Drinker Bowen

No comments: